Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Starting the Blog!

One of the greatest gifts I think my mom gave to me is a sense that she truly enjoyed parenting my brother, sisters and me.  It wasn’t just that she loved us, but that she really enjoyed being a parent. I think her enjoyment contributed to my own desire to become a parent, and it’s what inspired me to start this blog.  While I have a blog devoted to my kids – the complete saccharine blog of photos of their every move, cute and funny things that they say or do, videos that only their grandma’s and their devoted aunt are willing to watch etc, this blog is going to be about my thoughts about parenting.  I’ve been wanting to start this blog for quite some time, and I keep procrastinating because I just have so many ideas of what I want it to cover – but I’ve decided – I just need to start it!

I am planning on having several different categories – including
·         book reviews
·         parenting thoughts
·         unsolicited advice
·         mommy notes
·         shopping notes
·         recipes
·         happy moments

So why now?  Well, I know some awesome women that are about to become moms, and I’m hoping that they’ll enjoy reading this blog.  And that perhaps it will give them ideas, or help make parenting easier – and more enjoyable – for them. 

So, I will end this blog post with a “happy moment”. Yesterday my 3 year old son held up one of his 6-month old sister’s toys and very earnestly began instructing her on her colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment