Thursday, November 3, 2011

Memory that made me smile

One of the things that I love about parenthood is the sheer number of happy, funny memories that pop into my head at random times.

Today I was remembering when my son went to his friend's birthday party this summer.

They saw each other from across the yard and my son yelled "NICK-YYYYY" and they ran toward each other as if they hadn't seen each other in years- instead of just a few days prior.

As he ran my son yelled "NICKY!  I HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU!!!" and when he got close my son put down the gift bag, ripped out the tissue paper and pulled out the gift. 

Far from being upset, Nicky was thrilled to have the present and they both prepared to start playing with it.  Immediately.  Right there on the sidewalk. 

Since then I've stopped using gift bags and I wrap the presents instead.  It slows him down a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment